(1) F. Wang, C. Xia, S. P. de Visser*, Y. Wang*, How Does the Oxidation State of Palladium Surfaces Affect the Reactivity and Selectivity of Direct Synthesis of Hydrogen Peroxide from Hydrogen and Oxygen Gases? A Density Functional Study, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2019, 141, 901.
(2) Y. Kang, X.-X. Li, K.-B. Cho, W. Sun, C. Xia, W. Nam*, Y. Wang*, Mutable Properties of Nonheme Iron(III)-Iodosylarene Complexes Result in the Elusive Multiple-Oxidant Mechanism, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2017, 139, 7444.
(Highlighted by Nature Reviews Chemistry (Nat. Rev. Chem. 2017, DOI: 10.1038/s41570-017-0050)
(3) R. Gupta, X.-X. Li, K.-B. Cho, M. Guo, Y.-M. Lee, Y. Wang*, S. Fukuzumi*, W. Nam*, Tunneling Effect that Changes the Reaction Pathway from Epoxidation to Hydroxylation in the Oxidation of Cyclohexene by a Compound I Model of Cytochrome P450, J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 2017, 8, 1557.
(4) K. Xu, Y. Wang*, H. Hirao*, Estrogen Formation via H-Abstraction from the O–H Bond of gem-Diol by Compound I in the Reaction of CYP19A1: Mechanistic Scenario Derived from Multiscale QM/MM Calculations, ACS Catal. 2015, 5, 4175.
(5) Y. Wang*, D. Janardanan, D. Usharani, K. L. Han, L. Que, Jr.*, S. Shaik*, Nonheme Iron Oxidant Formed in the Presence of H2O2 and Acetic Acid is the Cyclic Ferric Peracetate Complex, Not a Perferryloxo Complex, ACS Catal. 2013, 3, 1334.
(6) Y. Wang, H. Chen, M. Makino, Y. Shiro, S. Nagano, S. Asamizu, H. Onaka, S. Shaik, Theoretical and Experimental Studies of the Conversion of Chromopyrrolic Acid to an Antitumor Derivative by Cytochrome P450 StaP: The Catalytic Role of Water Molecules, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2009, 131, 6748.
(7) Y. Wang, H. Hirao, H. Chen, H. Onaka, S. Nagano, S. Shaik, Electron Transfer Activation of Chromopyrrolic Acid by Cytochrome P450 En Route to the Formation of an Antitumor Indolocarbazole Derivative: Theory Supports Experiment, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2008, 130, 7170.
(8) Y. Liu, Y. Han, Z. Zhang, W. Zhang, W. Lai, Y. Wang, R. Cao, Low overpotential water oxidation at neutral pH catalyzed by a copper(II) porphyrin, Chem. Sci. 2019, 10. 2613.
(9) C.-X. Miao, X.-X. Li, Y.-M. Lee, C. Xia, Y. Wang, W. Nam, W. Sun, Manganese Complex-Catalyzed Oxidation and Oxidative Kinetic Resolution of Secondary Alcohols by Hydrogen Peroxide, Chem. Sci. 2017, 8, 7476.
(10) C.-X. Miao, B. Wang, Y. Wang, C. G. Xia, Y.-M. Lee, W. Nam, Wei Sun, Proton-Promoted and Anion-Enhanced Epoxidation of Olefins by Hydrogen Peroxide in the Presence of Nonheme Manganese Catalysts, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2016, 138, 936.
(11) W. N. Oloo, K. K. Meier, Y. Wang, S. Shaik, E. Munck, L, Que, Jr., Identification of a Low-Spin Acylperoxoiron(III) Intermediate in Bio-Inspired Non-Heme Iron-Catalysed Oxidations, Nat. Commun. 2014, 5, 3046.
(12) S. Hong, F. F. Pfaff, E. Kwon, Y. Wang, M.S. Seo, E. Bill, K. Ray, W. Nam, Spectroscopic Capture and Reactivity of a Low-Spin Cobalt(IV)-Oxo Complex Stabilized by Binding Redox-Inactive Metal Ions, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2014, 53, 10403.
(13) D. M. Li, Y. Wang, K. L. Han, Recent Density Functional Theory Model Calculations of Drug Metabolism by Cytochrome P450, Coord. Chem. Rev. 2012, 256, 1137.
(14) P. Schyman, W. Z. Lai, H. Chen, Y. Wang, S. Shaik, The Directive of the Protein: How Does Cytochrome P450 Select the Mechanism of Dopamine Formation? J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011, 133, 7977.
(15) S. Shaik, S. Cohen, Y. Wang, H. Chen, D. Kumar, W. Thiel, P450 Enzymes: Their Structure, Reactivity and Selectivity, Modeled by QM/MM Calculations, Chem. Rev. 2010, 110, 949.
(16) S. Shaik, W. Z. Lai, H. Chen, Y. Wang, The Valence Bond Way: Reactivity Patterns of Cytochrome P450 Enzymes and Synthetic Analogs, Acc. Chem. Res. 2010, 43, 1154.
(17) J. Deepa, Y. Wang, P. Schyman, L. Que, Jr., S. Shaik, Fundamental Role of Exchange- Enhanced Reactivity in C-H Activation in S=2 Oxoiron(IV) Complexes, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2010, 49, 3342.
(18) H. Hirao, H. Chen, M. A. Carvajal, Y. Wang, S. Shaik, Effect of External Electric Fields on the C-H Bond Activation Reactivity of Nonheme Iron-oxo Reagents, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2008, 130, 3319.
(19) S. N. Dhuri, M. S. Seo, Y.-M. Lee, H. Hirao, Y. Wang, W. Nam, S. Shaik, Experiment and Theory Reveal the Fundamental Difference between Two-State and Single-State Reactivity Patterns in Nonheme Fe(IV)=O vis-a-vis Ru(IV)=O Oxidants, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2008, 47, 3356.